A comment on the derivation of conditional vector entropy from lithologic transition tally matrices
- 27 Downloads
KeywordsEntropy Transition Tally Vector Entropy Tally Matrice Lithologic Transition
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anderson, T. W., and Goodman, L. A., 1957, Statistical inference about Markov chains: Am. Math. Stats., v. 28, p. 89–110.Google Scholar
- Doveton, J. H., 1971, An application of Markov chain analysis to the Ayreshire coal measure succession: Scot. Jour. Geol., v. 7, no. 1, p. 11–27.Google Scholar
- Hattori, I., 1976, Entropy in Markov chains and discrimination of cyclic patterns in lithologic successions: Jour. Math. Geol., v. 8, no. 4, p. 477–497.Google Scholar
- Miall, A. D., 1973, Markov chain analysis applied to an ancient alluvial plain succession: Sedimentology, v. 20, no. 3, p. 347–364.Google Scholar
- Orford, J. D., 1975, Discrimination of particle zonation on a pebble beach: Sedimentology, v. 22, no. 3, p. 441–463.Google Scholar
- Orford, J. D., 1978, The use of information theory in the identification and dynamics of littoral zone facies based on particle size and form, with special reference to beach gravels: Ph.D. thesis, to be submitted, University of Reading, England.Google Scholar
- Read, W. A., 1969, Analysis and simulation of Namurian sediments in Central Scotland using Markov process models: Jour. Math. Geol., v. 1, no. 2, p. 199–219.Google Scholar
- Schwarzacher, W., 1969, The use of Markov chains in the study of sedimentary cycles: Jour. Math. Geol., v. 1, no. 1, p. 17–39.Google Scholar
- Schwarzacher, W., 1975, Sedimentation models and quantitative stratigraphy: Developments in sedimentology No. 19, Elsevier Sci. Publ. Co., Amsterdam, 382 p.Google Scholar
- Shannon, C. E., 1948, A mathematical theory of communications: Pts. I and II: Bell System Tech. Jour., v. 27, no. 3, p. 379–423.Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1978