Hyperproduction of N-acetylneuraminate lyase by the gene-cloned strain ofEscherichia coli
- 21 Downloads
Optimal culture medium for production ofN-acetylneuraminate lyase (NANA lyase) by the gene-cloned strain ofEscherichia coli, E. coli(pNALl), was screened to develop the process for the industrial production of NANA lyase. Out of nutrients tested, corn steep liquor (CSL) and sugarcane molasses were superior nutrient sources for the enzyme production. Hyperproduction (6–8 units/ml-broth) was achieved on the medium consisted of CSL and molasses.
KeywordsEnzyme Corn Organic Chemistry Nutrient Source Sugarcane
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aisaka, K., and Uwajima, T. (1986). Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 51, 562–565.Google Scholar
- Comb, D. G., and Roseman, S. (1962). Methods Enzymol 5, 391–394.Google Scholar
- Laemmli, U. K. (1970). Nature. 227, 680–685.Google Scholar
- Lowry, O. H., Rosebrough, N. J., Farr, A. L., and Randall, R. J. (1951). J. Biol. Chem. 193, 265–295.Google Scholar
- Sugahara, K., Sugimoto, K., Nomura, O., and Usui, T. (1980). Clin. Chim. Acta. 108, 493–498.Google Scholar
- Uchida, Y., Tsukada, Y., and Sugimori, T. (1984). J. Biochem. (Tokyo) 96, 507–522.Google Scholar
- Uchida, Y., Tsukada, Y., and Sugimori, T. (1985). Agric. Biol. Chem. 49, 181–187.Google Scholar