Glucose condensation by glucoamylase in organic solvents
Oligosaccharides were synthesized through the enzymatic condensation of D-glucose by glucoamylase in water-organic mixtures with high concentrations of two of diethylene glycol diethyl ether or triethylene glycol dimethyl ether. The effect of water content on the yield of reaction was studied; maximum yield was obtained with 10% (v/v) of water in the two systems. Kinetics of synthesis and products composition were different with the two solvents. 37% of glucose were condensed by action of glucoamylase from a reaction medium containing 20 g/L of glucose and 90% (v/v) of diethylene glycol diethyl ether.
KeywordsGlucose Glycol Oligosaccharide Diethyl Ether Reaction Medium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adachi, S., Ueda, Y., and Hashimoto, K. (1984)Biotechnol. Bioeng. 26, 121–127.Google Scholar
- Ajisaka, K., Nishida, H., and Fujimoto, H. (1987a)Biotechnol. Lett. 9, 243–248.Google Scholar
- Ajisaka, K., Nishida, H., and Fujimoto, H. (1987b)Biotechnol. Lett. 9, 387–392.Google Scholar
- Bock, K., Pedersen, C., and Pedersen, H. (1984)Adv. Carbohydr. Chem. Biochem. 42, 193–225.Google Scholar
- Bourquelot, E., and Bridel, M.J. (1912)J. Pharm. Chim. 7, 569–573.Google Scholar
- Fujimoto, H., Nishida, H., and Ajisaka, K. (1988)Agric. Biol. Chem. 52, 1345–1351.Google Scholar
- Here, E.J., Okada, G., and Genghof, D.S. (1969)Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 135, 75–89.Google Scholar
- Johansson, E., Hedbys, L., Larsson, P.O., Mosbach, K., Gunnarsson, A., and Svensson, S. (1986)Biotechnol. Lett. 8, 421–424.Google Scholar
- Nilsson, K.G.I. (1987) In:Studies in organic chemistry, C. Laane, J. Tramper, and M. D. Lilly, eds. vol. 29, pp. 369–374, Elsevier: AmsterdamGoogle Scholar
- Straathof, A.J.J., Vrijenhoef, J.P., Sprangers, E.P.A.T., van Bekkum, H., and Kieboom, A.P.G. (1988)J. Carbohydr. Chem. 7, 223–238.Google Scholar