Structural and electrical studies on thin films of solid electrolyte Ag6I4WO4
- 47 Downloads
An electrolytic method of preparation of thin films of solid electrolyte Ag6I4WO4 on a silver substrate is described. Films of different quality were obtained when the electrolysis was carried out at different temperatures and current densities. X-ray diffraction studies were carried out to confirm the compound formation. Scanning electron micrographs were taken in order to study the surface characteristics of these films. Investigations on the a.c. electrical conductivity of films prepared at different electrolysis temperatures (10 to 80° C) and two current densities (2 and 10 mA cm−2) are also reported in the temperature range 30 to 130° C. The films deposited at 65° C gave values of room temperature conductivity and the activation energy for Ag+ ion conduction as 0.04 Ω−1 cm−1 and 0.132 eV, respectively.
KeywordsPolymer Thin Film Activation Energy Electrical Conductivity Electron Micrographs
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. Takahashi, “Applications of Solid Electrolytes” (JEC Press Inc., Cleveland, Ohio, 1980) p. 8.Google Scholar
- 2.T. Takahashi, S. Ikeda andO. Yamamoto,J. Electrochem. Soc. 120 (1973) 647.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Magistris, G. Chiodelli andG. V. Campari,Z. Naturforsch 31a (1976) 974.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Schiraldi, G. Chiodelli andA. Magistris,J. Appl. Electrochem. 6 (1976) 251.Google Scholar
- 5.G. Chiodelli, A. Magistris andA. Schiraldi,Electrochem. Acta 19 (1974) 655.Google Scholar
- 6.K. Shahi andS. Chandra,Phys. Status Solidi (a) 28 (1975) 653.Google Scholar
- 7.S. Chandra andV. K. Mohabey,ibid. 53 (1979) 63.Google Scholar
- 8.S. Chandra, R. C. Agrawal andR. K. Pandey,ibid. 57 (1980) 299.Google Scholar
- 9.S. Chandra, J. N. Sharma, V. K. Mohabey andR. C. Agrawal,J. Phys. D 13 (1980) 495.Google Scholar
- 10.S. A. Suthanthiraraj, B. V. R. Chowdari andS. Radhakrishna,Thin Solid Films 101 (1983) 131.Google Scholar