Equations and forms of motion of a jet flowing onto a liquid
- 11 Downloads
A nonlinear theory is constructed for a thin jet of nonviscous, incompressible, weightless fluid flowing from a nozzle onto the surface of an immobile heavy liquid. The theory is asymptotically (over jet thickness) more accurate than that presented in . Forms of the flow are studied as functions of nozzle, jet, and heavy liquid parameters.
KeywordsFluid Flow Nonlinear Theory Heavy Liquid Liquid Parameter Weightless Fluid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. S. Tsel'nik, “The nonlinear problem of a thin jet flowing onto the surface of a heavy liquid,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 3 (1967).Google Scholar
- 2.A. N. Kolmogorov and S. V. Fomin, Elements of Function Theory and Functional Analysis [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. L. Yakimov, “Unestablished flows of incompressible liquid in narrow regions,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,115, No. 6 (1957).Google Scholar
- 4.D. S. Tsel'nik, “The problem of a jet incident on the surface of a heavy liquid,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 2 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.D. S. Tsel'nik, “An approximate theory of jet curtains for the case of a nozzle with extended outer wall,” in: Questions of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics [in Russian], No. 4, Chuvashsk. Univ., Cheboksary (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.G. Yu. Stepanov, Hydrodynamic Theory of Air Cushion Devices [in Russian], Mashgiz, Moscow (1963).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Jaumotte, A. Kiedrzynski, P. Spehl, and P. Waterkeyn, “Cushion mechanics of a peripheral jet ACV in hovering flight over water, “Hovercraft and Hydrofoil,11, No. 7 (1972).Google Scholar