Motion of a deformed contour in a flow of an ideal incompressible liquid with a constant vorticity
- 10 Downloads
The article gives a solution to the plane problem of the motion of a deformed contour in a flow of an ideal incompressible liquid with a constant vorticity. An explicit expression is obtained for the hydrodynamic force when the velocity of the external flow depends linearly on the coordinates. In the case of a contour of small dimensions, this expression is valid also for an arbitrary external flow.
KeywordsVorticity Explicit Expression Plane Problem Small Dimension Hydrodynamic Force
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. I. Sedov, Plane Problems in Hydrodynamics and Aerodynamics [in Russian], 2nd ed., Izd. Nauka, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.O. V. Golubeva, Course in the Mechanics of Continuous Media [in Russian], Izd. Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. L. Yakimov, “The forces acting on a small body in an arbitrary flow of an incompressible liquid, and the equations of motion of a two-phase medium,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekhan. Zhidk. Gaza, No. (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. L. Yakimov, “Motion of a cylinder in an arbitrary plane flow of an ideal incompressible liquid,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekhan. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 2 (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.I. G. Druker, “The lifting force acting on a contour in a plane homogeneously vortical flow of an incompressible ideal liquid,” Zh. Prikl. Mekhan. Tekh. Fiz., No. 2 (1966).Google Scholar