Synthetic and structural aspects of hepta-coordinated semicarbazato complexes of oxotungsten(VI)
- 30 Downloads
The condensation of aldehydes and ketones, 2-pyridine carbaldehyde, 2-thiophene carbaldehyde, 2-furyl aldehyde, 3-indole carbaldehyde, 3-phenylpropane-1-one, 2-propanone, 4-methyl-2-pentane and 2-phenylethane-2-one, with semicarbazide hydrochloride yields the corresponding Schiff bases which, when subsequently reacted with tungsten oxotetrachloride, yield addition products of the type WOCl4·L (L = ligand). The resulting complexes have been characterized by elemental analysis, molecular weight determination, and by conductivity and magnetic measurements. The bonding mode of the ligands with the metal atom is deduced on the basis of i.r.,1H n.m.r. and13C n.m.r. spectral studies.
KeywordsBipy Molecular Weight Determination Semicarbazones Azomethine Nitrogen Carbaldehyde
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (4).G. W. A. Fowles and J. L. Frost,J. Chem. Soc., A, 671 (1967).Google Scholar
- (5).H. Funk and G. Mohaput,Z. Anorg. Chem.,315, 264 (1937).Google Scholar
- (6).D. H. Harris, M. F. Lappert, J. S. Poland and W. Mc. Farlane,J. Chem. Soc. Dalton. Trans., 315 (1975).Google Scholar
- (9).G. W. A. Fowles and J. L. Frost,J. Chem. Soc., A, 1631 (1966).Google Scholar
- (10).V. P. Singh, R. V. Singh and J. P. Tandon,Synth. React. Inorg. Met-Org. Chem.,19, (1989) (in press).Google Scholar