Comment on the calculation of thermal averages by long-time Monte Carlo simulations
- 19 Downloads
It is shown that the effect of turnovers of the whole spin lattice for temperatures below the ordering temperature during a long-time computer simulation is not always satisfactorily reduced by considering the absolute value of the order parameter. A simple method to overcome this problem is suggested.
Key wordsMonte Carlo simulations “ergodic” time multi-spin coding technique
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. P. Landau,Phys. Rev. B 13:2997 (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.K. Binder,J. Comp. Phys. 59:1 (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.E. Stoll, K. Binder, and T. Schneider,Phys. Rev. B 8:3266 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.O. G. Mouritsen,Computer Studies of Phase Transitions and Critical Phenomena (Springer, Berlin, 1984).Google Scholar
- 5.P. Braun, U. Staaden, T. Holey, and M. Fähnle, to be published.Google Scholar
- 6.P. Braun and M. Fähnle,J. Stat. Phys. 52:775 (1988).Google Scholar