Long-time tails of the green-kubo integrands for a binary mixture
- 51 Downloads
The long-time tails for the mutual diffusion coefficient, the thermal diffusivity, the thermal conductivity, and the shear and longitudinal viscosities (from which the tail of the bulk viscosity can be calculated) of a nonreactive binary mixture are calculated from mode-coupling theory, and compared with a prior calculation by Pomeau. Three different choices of the thermal forces and currents are considered, with the results found to take their simplest form in the case of the de Groot “double-primed set”. The decompositions into the kinetic, potential, and cross terms are given.
Key wordsLong-time tails mode coupling Green-Kubo integrands hydrodynamic modes binary mixture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. H. Ernst, E. H. Hauge, and J. M. J. van Leeuwen,J. Stat. Phys. 15:7 (1976);15:23 (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.Y. Pomeau,J. Chem. Phys. 57:2800 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.S. R. de Groot,Thermodynamics of Irreversible Processes (North-Holland, 1951).Google Scholar
- 4.J. J. Erpenbeck,Phys. Rev. A 39:4718 (1989).Google Scholar
- 5.W. A. Steele, inTransport Phenomena in Fluids, H. J. M. Hanley, ed. (Marcel Dekker, 1969), Chapter 8.Google Scholar
- 6.D. N. Zubarev,Nonequilibrium Statistical Thermodynamics (Plenum, 1974).Google Scholar
- 7.J. A. McLennan, Jr.,Adv. Chem. Phys. 5:261 (1963).Google Scholar
- 8.H. S. Green,J. Math. Phys. 2:344 (1961).Google Scholar
- 9.J. J. Erpenbeck and W. W. Wood,Phys. Rev. A 26:1648 (1982).Google Scholar