Time-dependent hyperfine interactions in moderately diluted Ni(Hf)
The magnetic hyperfine interaction of181Ta in Ni(Hf) has been measured as a function of temperature by means of the time differential γγ angular correlation technique. While for very low concentrations of less than 10−4 a pure static interaction is observed, which follows the bulk magnetization apart from small deviations, spectra obtained from a source with 1·10−3 Hf content show a more complex behaviour.
From the comparison of the experimental data with theoretical spectra, which result from various dynamical models, we conclude that for a Hf concentration of 1·10−3 the impurity-impurity interaction causes a local breakdown of the ferromagnetic ordering near the Curie point. The arising paramagnetic domains may change their geometrical form and position so that a probe nucleus is subject to a time-dependent hyperfine interaction.
KeywordsStatic Interaction Complex Behaviour Hyperfine Interaction Angular Correlation Curie Point
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E. Gerdau, H. Winkler, W. Gebert, B. Giese and J. Braunsfurth, Hyperfine Interactions 1 (1976) 459 (preceding article).Google Scholar
- J.S. Barrett, J.A. Cameron, Z. Zamori and D.C. Santry, Can. J. Phys. 50 (1972) 619.Google Scholar
- E. Bozek, A.Z. Hrynkiewicz, J. Golczewski, R. Goss and J. Styczen, Phys. Stat. Sol. 52 (1972) 659.Google Scholar
- A. Abragam and R.V. Pound, Phys. Rev. 92 (1953) 953.Google Scholar
- R. Kubo, J. Phys. Soc. Jap. 9 (1954) 935.Google Scholar
- H. Gabriel, Phys. Rev. 181 (1968) 506.Google Scholar
- P. da R. Andrade, J.D. Rogers and A. Vasquez, Phys. Rev. 188 (1969) 571.Google Scholar
- C. Scherer, Nucl. Phys. A 157 (1970) 81.Google Scholar
- M. Blume, Nucl. Phys. A 167 (1971) 81; in Hyperfine structure and nuclear radiations, ed. by E. Matthias and D.A. Shirley (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1968) p. 911.Google Scholar
- H. Winkler and E. Gerdau, Z. Phys. 262 (1973) 363.Google Scholar
- S. Dattagupta and M. Blume, Phys. Rev. B 10 (1974) 4540.Google Scholar
- D. Spanjaard, C. Chopin and F. Hartmann-Boutron, Int. Conf. on hyperfine interactions studied in nuclear reactions and decay, Uppsala, Sweden, June 10–14, 1974, contributed papers, p. 242.Google Scholar
- J. Bosse, H. Gabriel and W. Vollmann, Hyperfine Interactions 1 (1975) 33.Google Scholar
- H. Winkler, Z. Phys. A 276 (1976) 225.Google Scholar
- E. Gerdau, J. Birke, H. Winkler, J. Braunsfurth, M. Forker and G. Netz, Z. Phys. 263 (1973) 5.Google Scholar
- N. Steigenberger and K. Stierstadt, Phys. Stat. Sol. 12 (1972) 133.Google Scholar