Perturbed angular distributions in the presence of isotropic paramagnetic relaxation
- 23 Downloads
The effect of paramagnetic relaxation on perturbed angular distributions is treated for nuclei interacting with their electronic shells via isotropic hyperfine interaction. The conditions are given under which Blume's analytical stochastic-model result for the nuclear perturbation factorsG k (t) can be derived quantum mechanically. Systems with arbitrary nuclear spin, but electronic spinS=1/2 may be calculated without resorting to the assumption necessary forS>1/2. Explicit closed expressions forG k (t) can be found for this particular case.
KeywordsThin Film Angular Distribution Electronic spinS Hyperfine Interaction Nuclear Spin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Bosse and H. Gabriel, Z. Phys. 266 (1974) 283.Google Scholar
- D. Spanjaard, C. Chopin and F. Hartmann-Boutron, Int. Conf. on hyperfine interactions studied in nuclear reactions and decay,. Uppsala, Sweden, June 10–14, 1974, contributed papers.Google Scholar
- J. Bosse, H. Gabriel and W. Vollmann, Phys. Stat. Sol. (b) 68 (1975) 81.Google Scholar
- M. Blume, Nucl. Phys. A167 (1971) 81;Google Scholar
- aC. Scherer, Nucl. Phys. A157 (1970) 81.Google Scholar
- S. Dattagupta and M. Blume, Phys. Rev. B10 (1974) 4540.Google Scholar
- H. Gabriel, Phys. Rev. 181 (1969) 506.Google Scholar
- R. Steffen and H. Frauenfelder, in Proc. of the Uppsala Meeting on extranuclear perturbations in angular correlations, 1963 (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1964).Google Scholar
- M. Blume, Phys. Rev. 174 (1968) 351.Google Scholar