Molecular field effects in Mössbauer spectra of FeSb2O4
- 35 Downloads
Mössbauer effect measurements have been made using57Fe in FeSb2O4. At liquid helium temperature a combined electric quadrupole and magnetic hyperfine interaction is observed withHeff=185±2 kOe, 1/2e2qQ=2.94±0.09 mm/sec and α=0.37±0.09. The direction ofHeff is perpendicular to thec axis of the crystal and at 33° to the <110> direction. Thec axis is determined to be the direction of the intermediate principal EFG tensor axis. Calculations are made using a molecular field term in the Hamiltonian for the Fe2+ orbitals. The results of these calculations are used to explain the observed values of 1/2e2qQ and η and permit a determination of the ordring of the T2g orbitals among the T2g energy levels.
KeywordsThin Film Helium Energy Level Field Effect Effect Measurement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J.A. Gonzalo, D.E. Cox and G. Shirane, Phys. Rev. 147 (1966) 415.Google Scholar
- M. Eibschutz and U. Ganiel, Solid State Comm. 6 (1968) 775.Google Scholar
- F. Varret, P. Imbert, A. Gerard and F. Hartmann-Boutron, Solid State Comm. 6 (1968) 889.Google Scholar
- J.P. Chandler, 1965. Quantum Chemistry Program Exchange, Univ. of Indiana, Bloomington, Indiana.Google Scholar
- R. Ingalls, Phys. Rev. 133 (1964) A787.Google Scholar
- H.K. Perkins and Y. Hazony, Phys. Rev. B5 (1971) 7.Google Scholar
- U. Ganiel and S. Shtrikman, Phys. Rev. 177 (1969) 503.Google Scholar
- A.M. van Diepen and R.P. van Stapele, Phys. Rev. B5 (1972) 2462.Google Scholar