Atomic volume dependence of the153Eu isomer shift in ScxY1−x
Mössbauer studies of dilute153Eu in Sm0.05Sc x Y0.95−x (0≤x≤0.95) reveal large changes in the isomer shift as a function ofx. The strong dependence of the isomer shift on alloy composition, is interpreted in terms of changes in the charge density at the Eu nucleus (ρ(0)), which result from changes in atomic volume. The isomer shift was found to depend linearly on ‡V/V (‡V/V changes between 0 and −0.3). A value of (−17.5±2.0)a 0 −3 was obtained for dρ(0)/d lnV.
KeywordsThin Film Charge Density Large Change Alloy Composition Strong Dependence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- N. Nitsche, J. Pelzl, S. Hüfner and P. Steiner, Solid State Comm. 10 (1972) 145.Google Scholar
- H. Maletta, W. Heidrich and R.L. Mössbauer, Phys. Letters 25A (1967) 295.Google Scholar
- H.H. Wickman, M. Robbins, E. Buehler and E. Catalano, Physics Letters 31A (1970) 59.Google Scholar
- G.M. Kalvius, U.F. Klein and G. Wortmann, J. de Phys. 35 (1974) C6–139.Google Scholar
- U.F. Klein, G. Wortmann and G.M. Kalvius, Sol. State Comm. 18 (1976) 291.Google Scholar