A comment on chemical Langevin equations
- 63 Downloads
It is noted that the diffusion Langevin stochastic sources in chemical reaction-diffusion theories should really arise from a stochastic source term added to the deterministic form of Fick's law. This gives rise to results for correlation functions which agree with those from stochastic master equations provided parameters are appropriately chosen.
Key wordsStochastic equations Langevin equations chemical reactions diffusion theory master equations fluctuations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Nitzan, P. Ortoleva, J. Deutch, and J. Ross,J. Chem. Phys. 61:1056 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.M. C. Wang and G. E. Uhlenbeck,Rev. Mod. Phys. 17:323 (1946); S. Chandrasekhar,Rev. Mod. Phys. 15:1 (1943).Google Scholar
- 3.C. W. Gardiner, K. J. McNeil, D. F. Walls, and I. S. Matheson,J. Stat. Phys. 14:309 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Einstein,Ann. Physik 17:549 (1905);19:371 (1906).Google Scholar
- 5.N. G. van Kampen, inJulius Jackson Memorial Volume, Topics in Statistical Mechanics and Biophysics (Proc. AIP Conference), R. A. Piccirelli, ed., in press.Google Scholar
- 6.S. Grossmann, Langevin forces in chemically reacting multicomponent fluids,J. Chem. Phys. (1976), to be published.Google Scholar