Multiphoton transitions of a bound electron interacting with anN-dimensional oscillator
- 29 Downloads
Multiphoton transitions of a bound electron interacting with anN-dimensional oscillator are considered. Allowance is made for excitation of the oscillator by an external electromagnetic field and for the mixing of the molecular normal vibrations when a quantum transition occurs (Dushinsky effect). An exponential dependence of electron transition rate on the parameters of the mixing of the molecular vibrations is established. The theory is compared with experiment for the example of the SO2 molecule.
KeywordsElectromagnetic Field Electron Transition Transition Rate Exponential Dependence Normal Vibration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. A. Malkin and V. I. Man'ko,Dynamical Symmetries and Coherent States of Quantum Systems [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.F. Dushinsky,Acta Physicochim. URSS,7, 551 (1937).Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Belousov, V. A. Kovarskii, É. P. Sinyavskii,Optical Properties of Molecular Systems in a Field of Low-Frequency Laser Radiation [in Russian], Shtiintsa, Kishinev (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.Ya. B. Zel'dovich, A. M. Perelomov, and V. S. Popov,Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.,57, 196 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.R. J. Glauber, “Optical coherence and photon statistics,” in:Quantum Optics and Quantum Electronics [collection of Russian translations], Mir, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.M. Lax,Fluctuations and Coherent Phenomena [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.R. M. Wilckox,J. Math. Phys.,8, 962 (1967).Google Scholar
- 8.W. H. Louisell,Radiation and Noise in Quantum Electronics, McGraw-Hill, New York (1964).Google Scholar
- 9.N. B. Delone, V. A. Kovarskii, A. V. Masalov, and N. F. Perel'man,Ups. Fiz. Nauk,131, 617 (1980).Google Scholar
- 10.T. B. Simpson and N. Blombergen,Chem. Phys. Lett.,100, 325 (1983).Google Scholar