Study of supersonic flow past axisymmetric bodies of different form
- 20 Downloads
A method is proposed in  for calculating supersonic flow past smooth bodies. The present article presents a computational scheme and calculational formulas for determining the gasdynamic functions at the nodes of the linesϕ=const. A comparison is made of certain of the results obtained with the results of other studies [2, 3]. Results are also presented of the calculation of the flow of a perfect gas past ellipsoids of revolution (δ=2.3) and inverted cones with spherical and ellipsoidal blunting.
KeywordsPresent Article Supersonic Flow Computational Scheme Axisymmetric Body Inverted Cone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Z. D. Zapryanov and V. B. Minostsev, “Method of calculating three-dimensional supersonic gas flow past bodies”, Izv. AN SSSR, Mekhanika i mashinostroenie, no. 5, 1964.Google Scholar
- 2.P. I. Chushkin and N. P. Shulishnina, Tables of Supersonic Flow Past Blunt Cones [in Russian], VTs AN SSSR, 1961.Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. N. D'yakonov and N. A. Zaitseva, “Supersonic ideal gas flow past a blunt body”, Izv. AN SSSR, Mekhanika i mashinostroenie, no. 1, 1963.Google Scholar
- 4.S. M. Gilinskii, G. F. Telenin, and G. P. Tinyakov, “Method of calculating supersonic flow past blunt bodies with detached shock wave”, Izv. AN SSSR, Mekhanika i mashinostroenie, no. 4, 1964.Google Scholar
- 5.S. M. Gilinskii and M. G. Lebedev, “Study of slightly supersonic flow past plane and axisymmetric bodies with detached shock wave”, Izv. AN SSSR, Mekhanika, no. 1, 1965.Google Scholar