Synchrotron radiation for long wavelength spectroscopy
- 22 Downloads
A fundamental radiometric measurement has been carried out in the spectral region 1–140 cm−1 which demonstrates the higher brightness of the synchrotron radiation source at Daresbury Laboratory over a high pressure mercury arc lamp source. Comparison of the output powers from the SRS and the mercury lamp revealed that the SRS has a particular advantage in the region where the wavelength of the emitted photon becomes very longer. The gain factor of the SRS at 10 cm−1 was at least 10 times of the mercury lamp at a storage ring current of about 90 mA.
A single period wiggler is considered to be a favorable device which will provide a higher level of photon fluxes from an electron storage ring in the long wavelength region.
KeywordsSynchrotron Radiation Storage Ring Mercury Lamp Ring Current Synchrotron Radiation Source
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J.R.Stevenson, H.Ellis and R.Bartlett; Applied Optics12 2884 (1978).Google Scholar
- P.Lagarde; Infrared Phys.18, 395 (1978).Google Scholar
- G.P.Williams; Nucl. Instrum. Meth.195 383 (1982).Google Scholar
- J.Yarwood, T.Shuttleworth, J.B.Hasted and T.Nanba; Nature312 742 (1984).Google Scholar
- W.D.Duncan and Gwyn P.Williams; Applied Optics22 2914 (1983).Google Scholar
- D.H.Martin; Infrared and Millimeter Waves, ed. K.J.Button (Academic Press, New York 1982), Vol. 6, p65.Google Scholar
- F.C.Michel; Phys. Rev. Lett.48 580 (1982).Google Scholar
- H.Motz; J. Apll. Phys.22 527 (1951)Google Scholar
- H.Maezawa et al; KEK Preprint 82-13 (1982).Google Scholar
- D.A.G.Deacon et al; Phys. Rev. Lett.38 892 (1977).Google Scholar
- L.R.Elias; Phys. Rev. Lett.42 977 (1979).Google Scholar
- S.Krinsky et al; Handbook on Synchrotron Radiation, ed. by E.E.Koch (North-Holland Publishing, Amsterdam 1983) chap. 2.Google Scholar
- F.C.Brown; Solid State Physics, eds. by H.Ehrenreich, F.Seitz and D.Turnbull (Academic Press, New York 1974) vol. 29, pl.Google Scholar