Bethe lattice spin glass: The effects of a ferromagnetic bias and external fields. II. Magnetized spin-glass phase and the de Almeida-Thouless line
- 51 Downloads
In this and the companion paper, we analyze the ±J Ising spin-glass model on the Bethe lattice with fixed uncorrelated boundary conditions. Phase diagrams are derived as a function of temperature vs. concentration of ferromagnetic bonds and, for a symmetric distribution of bonds, external field vs. temperature. In this part we characterize magnetized spin-glass (MSG) phases by divergence of an appropriate susceptibility: at zero field this signals the existence of an intermediate MSG phase; at nonzero field, this is used to identify the de Almeida-Thouless line.
Key wordsSpin glass Bethe lattice multicritical point
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. M. Carlson, J. T. Chayes, L. Chayes, J. P. Sethna, and D. J. Thouless,J. Stat. Phys. 61:987 (1990).Google Scholar
- 2.J. R. L. de Almeida and D. J. Thouless,J. Phys. A 11:983 (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.D. Sherrington and S. Kirkpatrick,Phys. Rev. Lett. 35:1792 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.G. Parisi,Phys. Rev. Lett. 43:1754 (1979).Google Scholar
- 5.C. Kwon and D. J. Thouless,Phys. Rev. B 37:7649 (1988).Google Scholar
- 6.J. T. Chayes, L. Chayes, J. P. Sethna, and D. J. Thouless,Commun. Math. Phys. 106:41 (1986).Google Scholar
- 7.A. P. Young,Phys. Rev. Lett. 51:1206 (1983).Google Scholar
- 8.L. Viana and A. J. Bray,J. Phys. C 18:3037 (1985).Google Scholar
- 9.I. Kanter and H. Sompolinsky,Phys. Rev. Lett. 58:164 (1987).Google Scholar
- 10.P. Motishaw,Europhys. Lett. 4:331 (1987).Google Scholar
- 11.J. T. Chayes and L. Chayes, unpublished.Google Scholar