High performance MM-wave balanced mixers for Ka band down converters
- 32 Downloads
The design and development of mm-wave fin-line and crossbar suspended stripline balanced mixer with GaAs beamlead diodes for Ka-Band downconverters is described. A conversion loss of 5.9±0.6 dB over the frequency band 32 to 36 GHz has been achieved in a crossbar stripline structure, and 6.5±0.7 dB over the frequency band 26.5 to 40 GHz in a fin-line with suspended stripline structure. Integrated circuit components, such as suspended stripline filters and transitions were also developed.
KeywordsGaAs Frequency Band Integrate Circuit Circuit Component Conversion Loss
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R.S. Tahim, G.M. Hayashibara and K. Chang, “Design and Performance of W-Band Broad-band Integrared Circuit Mixers.” IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. MTT-31, No. 3. pp. 205–211, March 1983.Google Scholar
- K. Chang, K. Louie, A.J. Grote, R.S. Tahim, M.J. Mlinar, G.M. Hayashibara and C. Sum, “V-Band LowNoise Integrated Circuit Receiver,” IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. MTT-31, No. 3, pp. 146–154, March 1983.Google Scholar
- W. Menzel and H. Callsen, “Integrated Fin-line Components and Subsystems at 60 GHz and 94 GHz,” IEEE Tran. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. MTT-31, No. 2, pp. 142–145, February 1983.Google Scholar
- P.J. Meier, “Printed-Circuit Ka-Band Mixer with Compact Filter for Step-tuned Lo,” IEEE MTT-S Symp. Digest, pp. 645–648, June 1986.Google Scholar
- M. Schneider, “Millimeter-Wave Integrated Circuit,” IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp. Digest, pp. 16–18, June 1973.Google Scholar
- B. Glance and R. Tramarnlo, “A Waveguide to Suspended Stripline Transition,” IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. MTT-21, pp. 117–118, February 1973.Google Scholar
- G.L. Matthaei et al., “Mecrowave Filters, Impedance Matching Networks, and Coupling Structures,” Artech House, 1980.Google Scholar
- EESOF Touchstone User's Manual, 1984.Google Scholar
- I.J. Smith, “The Even-and-Odd-Mode Capacitance Parameters for Coupled Line in Suspended Substrate,” IEEE Trans. of Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. MTT-19, No. 5, pp. 424–431, May 1971.Google Scholar