Parameters determining the shape of the subsonic section of a shock wave in the case of axisymmetric flow
- 11 Downloads
Supersonic flow around a blunt body by an ideal gas with a constant specific heat ratio is considered. The dependence of the geometry of the subsonic section of the shock wave on the shape of the body and the freestream Mach number is studied. Analysis of the large quantity of numerical data has permitted simple approximate relations to be formulated for the principal geometrical parameters of the wave, which can be used for solving the problem of flow around a quite broad class of bodies. The question of the characteristic dimensions in such problems is also discussed.
KeywordsShock Wave Geometrical Parameter Mach Number Numerical Data Characteristic Dimension
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. B. Radvogin, “The dependence of shock standoff distance on freestream Mach numbers,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,215, No. 5 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.A. N. Lyubimov and V. V. Rusanov, Flow of Gas around Blunt Bodies [in Russian], Vol. 2, Nauka, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.K. I. Babenko, V. N. Ivanova, é. P. Kazandzhan, M. A. Kukarkina, and Yu. B. Radvogin, Nonsteady Flow of an Ideal Gas around the Bow Section of a Blunt Body on an Ideal Gas [in Russian], Inst. Prikl. Mat. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. B. Radvogin, Shock Wave Geometry [in Russian], Preprint No. 102, Inst. Prikl. Mat. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.V. N. Ivanova and Yu. B. Radvogin, “Special features of supersonic flows around tapered bodies with shock separation,” Izd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 4 (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.R. O. Vaglio-Laurin, “On the PLK method and the supersonic blunt body problem,” J Aerospace Sci.,29, No. 2, 185–206; 248 (1962).Google Scholar
- 7.W. D. Hayes and R. F. Probstein (editors), Hypersonic Flow Theory, 2nd. ed., Academic Press (1967).Google Scholar
- 8.I. P. Ginsburg, Aerodynamics [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 9.A. N. Minailos, “Similarity parameters and approximation relations of axisymmetrical supersonic flow around ellipsoids,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR. Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 3 (1973).Google Scholar