Diffusion in random one-dimensional systems
- 73 Downloads
Diffusion on the one-dimensional lattice ℤ is described by a master equation with nearest-neighbor transfer rates (symmetric or asymmetric). The transfer rates associated with bonds are assumed to be independent, equally distributed random variables. Under various conditions on their common distribution the large time behavior of averaged site probabilities and/or related quantities is exhibited.
Key wordsDiffusion one-dimensional lattice master equation nearest neighbor transfer rates random variables
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Bernasconi and W. R. Schneider,J Phys. A: Math. Gen. 15:L729 (1982).Google Scholar
- 2.W. R. Schneider,Commun. Math. Phys. 87:303 (1982).Google Scholar
- 3.W. R. Schneider and J. Bernasconi,Mathematical Problems in Theoretical Physics, R. Schrader, R. Seiler, and D. A. Uhlenbrock, eds., Springer Lecture Notes in Physics, Vol. 153 (Springer, Berlin, 1982), p. 389.Google Scholar
- 4.J. Bernasconi, W. R. Schneider, and W. Wyss,Z. Phys. B37:175 (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.B. L. J. Braaksma,Compos. Math. 15:239 (1963).Google Scholar
- 6.W. R. Schneider, unpublished.Google Scholar
- 7.M. J. Stephen and R. Kariotis,Phys. Rev. B 26:2917 (1982).Google Scholar
- 8.A. Golosov, private communication.Google Scholar
- 9.S. Alexander, J. Bernasconi, W. R. Schneider, and R. Orbach,Rev. Mod. Phys. 53:175 (1981).Google Scholar