Parameter optimization of F−P HgCdTe and InSb bistable devices
The parameter optimization of HgCdTe and InSb infrared bistable devices of both transmission and reflection types is studied with computer numerical calculation. The results point that the steady state behavior of the devices changs quasi-periodically with the sample thickness L; the output modulation amplitude ΔIT is almost inversely proportional to RB; and the switching power grows nonlinearly with increasing RF, but ΔIT is hardly affected by RF. These conclusions may be useful in guiding the design of such infrared devices.
Key WordsHgCdTe InSb bistable device numerical calculation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).N. Peyghambarian, H.M. Gibbs; Opt. Eng. 1985 Vol 24, 68Google Scholar
- (2).D.A.B. Miller, IEEE, J. Quantum Electron, 1981, Vol QE-17, 312Google Scholar
- (3).B.S. Wherrett, IEEE, J. Quantum Electron, 1984, Vol QE-20, 646Google Scholar
- (4).A. Miller, G. Parry, R. Dalry, IEEE. Quantum Electron, 1984, Vol QE-20, 710Google Scholar
- (5).Chen JIshu Proc. Of the 1985 Annual Meeting of Optical Society of China, (Shanghai, Nov. 1985) p192Google Scholar
- (6).J.R. Hill, G. Parry, A. Miller, Opt. Commun. Vol 43, 151 (1982)Google Scholar