Spin quantum number in the ground state of the Mattis-Heisenberg model
- 48 Downloads
Total spin quantum number is rigorously calculated for a quantum version of the Mattis model of random spin systems. Crossover between three universality classes of the Ising model, theXY model, and the Heisenberg model is explicitly worked out in the presence of randomness. The randomness of the type of the Mattis model is shown to have no thermodynamic effects even in quantum systems.
Key wordsGround state randomness Mattis model frustration quantum effects
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Toulouse,Commun. Phys. 2:115 (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.D. Mattis,Phys. Lett. 56A:421 (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.H. Nishimori and M. Suzuki,Phys. Lett. 81A:84 (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.E. Lieb and D. Mattis,J. Math. Phys. 3:749 (1962).Google Scholar
- 5.D. Mattis,Phys. Rev. Lett. 42:1503 (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.T. Wolfram and J. Callaway,Phys. Rev. 130:2207 (1963).Google Scholar
- 7.P. Fazekas and P. W. Anderson,Phil. Mag. 30:423 (1974).Google Scholar
- 8.P. Fazekas,J. Phys. C 13:L209 (1980).Google Scholar
- 9.L. G. Marland and D. D. Betts,Phys. Rev. Lett. 43:1618 (1979).Google Scholar
- 10.M. Suzuki and S. Miyashita,Can. J. Phys. 56:902 (1978).Google Scholar