Double dielectric grating leaky-wave antenna-improved perturbation analysis
The radiation characteristics of the double dielectric grating leaky-wave antenna are analyzed by the improved perturbation method. The results indicate that under the condition of the same radiation intensity, the double dielectric grating antenna has relatively smaller dimensions than that of the single one. It is undoubtly of great importance in the case that the limitation of the weight and volume of system is strictly required. The results obtained from this paper are compared with the exact solution based on the mode matching method. It is justified that the present perturbation procedure yields as highly results as the rigorous approach with extremely simplicity of the analysis and calculations.
KeywordsRadiation Exact Solution Radiation Intensity Perturbation Method Small Dimension
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- F. K. Schwering and S. T. Peng, “Design of Dielectric Grating Antennas for Millimeter-Wave Applications”, IEEE Trans. MTT vol. 31, No. 2, 1983.Google Scholar
- S. T. Peng and T. Tamir, “TM Mode Perturbation Analysis of Dielectric Gratings”, Appl. Phys. vol. 7, 1975.Google Scholar
- Xu Shanjia and Wu Xinzhang, “Improved Perturbation Analysis of Dielectric Grating Antenna”, International Journal of Infrared and Milliter Waves, Vol. 10, No. 2, 1989.Google Scholar
- Xu Shanjia, “Network Analysis of Eigenvalue Problems for Multilayer Dielectric Waveguide Consisting of Arbitrary Number of Layers.” Journal of Electronics, vol. 10, No. 1, 1988.Google Scholar
- S. T. Peng, T. Tamir and H.L. Bertoni, “Theory of Periodic Dielectric Waveguides”, IEEE Trans. on MTT, MTT-23, No. 1, 1975.Google Scholar