Corrections to scaling for period doubling
- 29 Downloads
We have studied a multiple scaling which describes corrections to scaling. For the period doubling in one-dimensional dissipative maps, two-dimensional areapreserving maps, and four-dimensional symplectic maps, the multiple scaling is seen to be well-obeyed, and new scaling factors have been found. The multiple scaling is also seen to be a very powerful tool for searching for scaling behavior.
Key wordsPeriod doubling map critical value parameter convergence rate orbital scaling factor correction to scaling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. J. Feigenbaum,J. Stat. Phys. 19:25 (1978);21:699 (1978);Commun. Math. Phys. 77:65 (1980);Los Alamos Sci. 1:4 (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.R. MacKay, Ph.D. thesis, Princeton University (1982).Google Scholar
- 3.B. Hu and J. M. Mao,Phys. Rev. A 25:3259 (1982).Google Scholar
- 4.K. Young,Phys. Lett. 111A:161 (1985); K. L. Liu, W. S. Lo, and K. Young,Phys. Lett. 105A:103 (1984).Google Scholar
- 5.J. M. Mao, I. Satija, and B. Hu,Phys. Rev. A 32:1927 (1985).Google Scholar