Frequency measurement of the 1.60 THz (187μm) optically-pumped laser emission of methyl fluoride
- 15 Downloads
We have measured the frequency of the 187 μm laser emission of methyl fluoride when optically pumped by the 9.17 μm R10 line of the12C18O2 laser, and find it to be f=(1 604 647.7±0.3) MHz. The result is of interest for comparison with recent 9-μm band measurements on methyl fluoride using diode lasers.
Key wordsmethyl fluoride (CH3F) laser frequency measurement Josephson junction harmonic mixing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D J E Knightin The Handbook of Laser Science and Technology, vol. II: “Gas Lasers” (CRC Press Inc. Boca Raton, Florida USA 1982) pp 421–491.Google Scholar
- 2.P B Davies and H Jones, Appl. Phys.22, pp 53–55, 1980.Google Scholar
- 3.P B Davies, A H Ferguson, P A Hamilton, T L Amyes and I M R van Laere, Int. J. IR & MM Waves4, No. 6, November 1983.Google Scholar
- 4.T G Blaney, N R Cross, D J E Knight, G J Edwards and P R Pearce, J. Phys. D.13, No. 8, pp 1365–70, August 1980.Google Scholar
- 5.Fan Xi-Sheng, D J E Knight and N R Cross, unpublished.Google Scholar
- 6.J J Gallagher, M D Blue, B Bean and S Perkowitz, Infrared Phys.,17, pp 43–55, 1977.Google Scholar