Paper sheet moisture measurements in the far infrared
- 70 Downloads
Measurement of several parameters pertinent to process and quality control in the manufacture of paper products is a potentially important application of far-infrared lasers. Preliminary measurements of the transmittance and reflectance of moist paper sheets are presented, and their use to determine the percentage moisture content and the dry basis weight of the paper is discussed.
Key wordspaper moisture content paper basis weight far-infrared lasers
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. J. Pfeifer, Pulp & Paper55, 68 (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.F. Y. Chu and B. W. Balls, Pulp & Paper Canada80, 71 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.J. F. Pugh, Tappi63, 131 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.D. T. Hodges and T. S. Hartwick, Appl. Phys. Lett.23, 252 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.M. M. T. Loy and P. A. Roland, Review Sci. Instrum.48, 554 (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.F. Kremer and L. Genzel, Fifth Int. Conf. on IR and MM Waves, Wurzburg, 1980, p. 219.Google Scholar
- 7.K. Dransfield, H. L. Frish and A. E. Wood, J. Chem. Phys.36, 1574 (1962).Google Scholar
- 8.L. N. Hadley and D. M. Dennison, J. Opt. Soc. Am.37, 451 (1947).Google Scholar
- 9.P. S. Ray, Appl. Optics11, 1836 (1972).Google Scholar