Exact solution of a triangular ising model in a nonzero magnetic field
- 198 Downloads
A closed-form expression is obtained for the free energy per site of the Ising model on the triangular lattice in a nonzero magnetic field and with two- and three-site interactions. The solution is valid along a trajectory in the parameter space, and is derived using a method of exact decimation. A criterion determining the validity of the decimation method is also established.
Key wordsIsing model exact solution nonzero magnetic field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. M. Verhagen,J. Stat. Phys. 15:219 (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.P. Ruján,J. Stat. Phys. 34:615 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.D. Dhar,Phys. Rev. Lett. 49:959 (1982).Google Scholar
- 4.E. Domany and W. Kinzel,Phys. Rev. Lett. 53:311 (1984).Google Scholar
- 5.R. J. Baxter,J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 13:L61 (1980);J. Stat. Phys. 26:427 (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.I. G. Enting,J. Phys. C: Solid State Phys. 10:1379 (1977);J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 10:1023 (1977);J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 11:555 (1978);J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 11:2001 (1978).Google Scholar
- 7.M. T. Jaekel and J. M. Maillard,J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 18:1229 (1985).Google Scholar
- 8.F. Y. Wu, report at the 52nd Statistical Mechanics Meeting, J. Stat. Phys.Google Scholar
- 9.J. Stephenson,J. Math. Phys. 11:420 (1970).Google Scholar
- 10.K. Y. Lin and F. Y. Wu,Z. Phys. B33:191 (1979).Google Scholar