- 52 Downloads
A way is suggested of incorporating the exact dynamics of a system into a statistical framework which is self-contained for low-order distribution functions.
Key wordsStatistical mechanics kinetic theory entropy nonequilibrium theory probability introduction of dynamics into statistics using Greens functions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. W. Gibbs,Elementary Principles in Statistical Mechanics, Yale University Press, New Haven, Connecticut (1902); Dover Publications, New York (1960).Google Scholar
- 2.L. S. Hall,Ann. Phys. (US)20:382–449 (1962).Google Scholar
- 3.E. T. Jaynes,Phys. Rev. 106:620–630 (1957).Google Scholar
- 4.E. T. Jaynes,Phys. Rev. 108:171–190 (1957).Google Scholar
- 5.R. M. Lewis,J. Math. Phys. 8:1448–1459 (1967).Google Scholar
- 6.P. M. Morse and H. Feshback,Methods of Theoretical Physics, McGraw-Hill, New York (1953).Google Scholar
- 7.I. Prigogine,Non-Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics, Interscience Publishers, New York (1962).Google Scholar
- 8.C. E. Shannon and W. Weaver,The Mathematical Theory of Communication, University of Illinois Press, Urbana, Illinois (1949).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1970