Theory of irreversible processes in nonequilibrium quantum systems. II. Cluster expansions with contraction for homogenous systems
- 36 Downloads
On the basis of a method developed in a previous paper, a systematic rule for obtaining a symmetrized collision superoperator of the Van Hove generalized master equation including an arbitrary number of particles is given. In the formalism, the quantum statistical effect is taken into account through the use of contractions (internal and external contractions) on the basis of the cluster expansion. As an application of this general rule, a symmetrized collision superoperator including the effect of three-particle collisions is obtained.
Key wordsMany-particle collision superoperator cluster expansion internal and external contractions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. Mishima, T. Petrosky, and R. Suzuki,J. Stat. Phys., this issue, preceding paper.Google Scholar
- 2.P. Résibois,Physica 27:33 (1961);31:645 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.R. Swenson,J. Math. Phys. 4:544 (1963).Google Scholar
- 4.I. Prigogine and P. Résibois,Physica 24:795 (1958).Google Scholar
- 5.N. Mishima, T. Petrosky, and M. Yamazaki,J. Stat. Phys. 14:359 (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.R. Balescu,Physica 62:485 (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.T. Lee and C. Yang,Phys. Rev. 113:1165 (1959);116:25 (1959);117:12 (1960);117:22 (1960).Google Scholar