Domain growth in the three-dimensional dilute Ising model
- 37 Downloads
We investigate the kinetics of domain growth in the three-dimensional Ising model with quenched random site dilution, using Monte Carlo simulation technique. A crossover from the power law growth regime to a much slower growth observed in our simulation is interpreted through the roughening of the interfaces by the quenched impurities. The results are also compared with the corresponding results in two dimensions.
Key wordsDilute Ising model interface roughening
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. S. Grest and D. J. Srolovitz,Phys. Rev. B 32:3014 (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.D. Chowdhury, M. Grant, and J. D. Gunton,Phys. Rev. B 35:6792 (1987).Google Scholar
- 3.D. A. Huse and C. L. Henley,Phys. Rev. Lett. 54:2708 (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Kardar,Phys. Rev. Lett. 55:2923 (1985).Google Scholar
- 5.D. A. Huse, C. L. Henley, and D. S. Fisher,Phys. Rev. Lett. 55:2924 (1985).Google Scholar
- 6.M. Kardar, MIT Preprint (1987).Google Scholar
- 7.T. Natterman, KFA Julich Preprint (1987).Google Scholar
- 8.A. Sadiq and K. Binder,Phys. Rev. Lett. 51:674 (1983).Google Scholar
- 9.J. D. Gunton, M. San Miguel, and P. S. Sahni, inPhase Transitions and Critical Phenomena, Vol. 8, C. Domb and J. L. Lebowitz, eds. (Academic Press, 1983).Google Scholar