Electrodeposition of copper on Cu−Zr metallic glass substrates
- 64 Downloads
This paper describes an investigation of the electrodeposition of copper on Cu−Zr metallic glass in the presence of 5-sulphosalicylic acid and 2-thiouracil. The observed morphological features and electrokinetic parameters are correlated, and suitable transport mechanisms are proposed with the help of infrared studies. It was observed that Cu−Zr metallic glasses enhance the rate of decomposition of hydrogen peroxide catalytically and electrocatalytically. This was attributed to the unusual structure of the substrate and physical or chemical inhomogeneities.
KeywordsHydrogen Copper Physical Chemistry Hydrogen Peroxide Morphological Feature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. D. Bernal,Nature 183 (1959) 141.Google Scholar
- H. S. Chen and K. A. Jackson,Treatise on Mater. Sci. Technol. 20 (1981) 215.Google Scholar
- M. Naka, K. Hashimoto and T. Masumoto,J. Japan Inst. Met. 38 (1974) 835.Google Scholar
- J. Lipkowski, R. M. Reeves and M. R. Krishnan,J. Electroanal. Interfacial Electrochem. 140 (1982) 195.Google Scholar
- W. E. Brower Jr, M. S. Matyjaszczyk, T. L. Pettit and G. V. Smith,Nature 301 (1983) 497.Google Scholar
- K. Machida, M. Enyo, K. Kai and K. Suzuki,J. Less Common Met. 100 (1984) 377.Google Scholar
- P. Jacquet,Metall. Rev. 1 (1956) 157.Google Scholar
- S. Nageswar and T. H. V. Setty,Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. A68 (1968) 178.Google Scholar
- Y. Waseda, K. Okazaki and T. Masumoto,J. Mater. Sci. 12 (1977) 1932.Google Scholar
- Clark's Tables, ‘Science Data Book’, Orient Longman, (1983) p. 57, 59.Google Scholar