The nonlinear study of microstrip lines containing ferrite dielectric layers
- 28 Downloads
In this paper, the transient responses of microstrip containing ferrite dielectric layers are studied by using extended FD-TD method. When the microwave signal propagating along the microstrip is comparable with the applied DC magnetic field on the ferrite, the nonlinearity of ferrite medium is represented. The propagating procedure of Gaussian pulse in the microstrip are simulated. It is shown that the effects of the pulse amplitude on the transmission distortion of Gaussian pulse is pronounced.
KeywordsMagnetic Field Microwave Ferrite Dielectric Layer Transient Response
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Tsutsumi & Takusi Asaharh, “Microstrip lines using Yttrium Iron Garnet Film”, iEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 38, No. 10, Oct. 1990, pp 1461–1467.Google Scholar
- 2.Peijue Xun, “Spectral-Domain imittance approch for the propagation constants of unilateral finline in magnetizied ferrite substrate,” IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 37 No. 10, Oct. 10 1989, pp 1647–1650Google Scholar
- 3.G.W. Zheng & K.S. Chen, “Transient analysis of microstrip lines with ferrite substrate by extended FD-TD method,” Int'l J. IR & MM Waves, Vol. 13, No. 8 Aug. 1992Google Scholar
- 4.G.E. Mariki & C. Yeh, “Dynamic three-dimensional TLM analysis of microstrip lines on anisotropic substrates,” IEEE Trans. MTT, Vol. 33, Sept. 1985, pp 789–799Google Scholar
- 5.K.S. Yee, “Numerical solution of initial boundary value problems involving Maxwell's equations in isotropic media,” IEEE Trans. Antenna Propagations, Vol. 14, No. 3 1966, pp 302–307Google Scholar
- 6.Guowu Zheng and Kangsheng Chen, “Effects of substrate anisotropy on the dispersion of transient signals in microstrip lines,” Int. J. of Infrared & Millimeter waves, Vol. 11, No. 4, 1990, pp 489–498Google Scholar
- 7.J. Fang & K.K. Mei, “A super-absorbing boundary algorithum for solving electromagnetic problems by time-domain finite-difference method,” In 1988 IEEE AP-S Int. Symp. Dig., June 1988, pp472–475Google Scholar
- 8.X. Zhang et al, “Time-Domain finite difference approch for caculating discontinuities and termination effects,” IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 36, No. 12, Dec. 1988, pp 1775–1787Google Scholar