A parameter characterizing the geometry of expanded metal. I. A general mass transfer correlation for flow-by electrodes of expanded metal and wire cloth
- 42 Downloads
A dimensionless parameter characterizing the geometry of expanded metal is presented and successfully applied in the correlation of mass transfer results obtained by other authors with flow-by electrodes of this material. The geometric term seems to apply also to nets arranged parallel to the flow.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Mass Transfer Dimensionless Parameter General Mass Geometric Term
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L. J. J. Janssen, J. J. M. Geraets, E. Barendrecht and S. D. J. von Stralen,Electrochim. Acta 27 (1982) 1207.Google Scholar
- F. Coeuret and J. Legrand,J. Appl. Electrochem. 15 (1985) 181.Google Scholar
- F. Leroux and F. Coeuret,Electrochim. Acta 28 (1983) 1857.Google Scholar
- 30 (1985) 159.Google Scholar
- 30 (1985) 167.Google Scholar
- F. Leroux, Thesis, University of Poitiers, France (1982).Google Scholar
- C. Elsner, Thesis, University of Rennes, France (1984).Google Scholar
- A. Storck, P. M. Robertson and N. Ibl,Electrochim. Acta 24 (1979) 373.Google Scholar
- E. Blass,Chem. Ing. Techn. 36 (1964) 747.Google Scholar