A millimeterwave pyroelectric detector
A pyroelectric detector has been built and characterised for operation within W-band. The various characteristics reported include detectivity, responsivity, NEP, polarisation sensitivity, dynamic range, linearity, and reflectivity (vswr). The pyroelectric detector performs well at these wavelengths and as the detector is inexpensive to build, and is robust, it ought to find many opportunities for use within millimetre-wave laboratories.
KeywordsPolarisation Sensitivity Pyroelectric Detector
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. HadniChapter 3 of K. J. ButtonInfrared and Millimeter Waves—Vol. 3 Academic Press, pp. 111–180, 1980.Google Scholar
- Philips Components:Advance Development Sample Information April 1989.Google Scholar
- J. C. G. LesurfMillimetre-wave Optics, Devices and Systems Adam Hilger, 1990.Google Scholar
- M. R. WebbA MM-Wave Four-Port Quasi-Optical Circulator International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 45–63, 1991.Google Scholar
- A. Hadni and X. GerbauxInfrared and Millimeter Wave Absorber Structures for Thermal Detectors Infrared Physics, Vol. 30, No. 6, pp. 465–478, 1990.Google Scholar