Precision measurement of power at millimeter-and sub-millimeter wavelengths using a waveguide calorimeter
- 40 Downloads
A description is given of a waveguide calorimeter that measures power levels in the range from 0.1 to 100 mW. The required time for final reading is only about 40 seconds, which makes the instrument very useful for general laboratory power measurement. Measurements at submillimeter wavelengths indicate that the calorimeter works also very well beyond the designated frequency range of the waveguides.
Key wordscalorimeter power measurements millimeter submillimeter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A.C. Macpherson and D.M. Kerns, “A Microwave Microcalorimeter”, Rev. Sci. Instrum., vol26 27–33 (Jan. 1955).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Sucher and H.J. Carlin, “Broad-Band Calorimeters for the Measurement of Low and Medium Level Microwave Power. I.”, IRE Trans. on MTT, 188–194 (Apr. 1957)Google Scholar
- 3.A.V. James and L.O. Sweet, “Broad-Band Calorimeter for Measurement of Low and Medium Level Microwave Power. II.”, IRE Trans. on MTT, 195–203 (Apr. 1957)Google Scholar
- 4.A.E. Fantom and I. Jokoshima, “Two-Thermometer Technique for Calorimeter-Type Waveguide Power Meters”, Proceedings of the European Microwave Conference, 81–85 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.T. Inoue, K. Jamamura and T. Nemoto, “Automatic Calorimeter System for the Effective Efficiency Measurement of a Bolometer Mount in 35-GHz Band”, IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas., vol IM-27, no 3, 205–209 (Sept. 1980)Google Scholar
- 6.B. Vowinkel, “Broad-Band Calorimeter for Precision Measurement of Millimeter-and Submillimeter-Wave Power”, IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas., vol IM-29, no 3, (Sept. 1980)Google Scholar
- 7.R. Wattenbach, H.P. Röser, E. Sauter, G.V. Schultz, “Amplitude and Frequency Stabilization of an Optically Pumped Submm Laser”, Intern. Conf. on Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Würzburg (1981)Google Scholar
- 8.F.B. Foote, D.T. Hodges, H.B. Dyson, “Calibration of Power and Energy Meters for the FIR/Near MM Wave Spectral Region”, J. IR and MM Waves, vol 2, no 4, (1981)Google Scholar