The nature of electronic transitions in absorption spectra of phenyl-substituted 1,3,4-oxadiazoles and 1,3,4-sym-triazoles
The electronic absorption spectra of 1,3,4-oxadiazole, 1,3,4-sym-triazole and their phenyl derivatives were calculated within the π-electron approximation, by the PPP-Cl procedure. The nature of the electronic transitions was analysed in terms of special quantum-mechanical excitation indices: excitation-localization indices and charge-transfer indices. An orbital analysis was performed within the framework of the structure-orbital approach. The transitions calculated for unsubstituted azoles should be treated as perturbed ones of the models-cys-azabutadiene molecule. In the case of phenyl derivatives one can classify the transitions as being either local or molecular in character. The dependence of their characteristics on the π-system structure has been studied for the latter transitions. The results of the theoretical treatment are in good agreement with experimental data.
Key words1,3,4-oxadiazole 1,3,4-sym-triazole phenyl derivatives absorption spectra calculations PPI-CI procedure special excitation indices excitation localization index charge transfer index
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. A. Popova, E. G. Yushko, B. M. Krasovitskiiet al., Chim. Heterotsikl. Soedin. 1, 26 (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.V. F. Pedash and Yu. F. Pedash,J. Prikl. Spektrosk. 46, 624 (1987).Google Scholar
- 3.A. I. Galeyeva, G. V. Maiyer, L. G. Samsonovaet al., Ibid.44, 72 (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.M. I. Knyazhanskii, P. V. Gilyanovskii, and O. A. Osipov,Chim. Heterotsikl. Soedin. 11, 1455 (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Luzanov,Usp. Chim. 49, 2086 (1980).Google Scholar
- 6.M. M. Mestechkin,Metod Matritci Plotnosti v Teorii Molekul. Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.O. N. Popilin, Diss. Cand. Chim. Nauk., Kharkov (1988).Google Scholar
- 8.B. G. Plotnikov,Usp. Chim. 49, 327 (1980).Google Scholar
- 9.G. V. Mayer,Opt. i Spektr. 60, 35 (1986).Google Scholar
- 10.O. A. Ponomarev, S. I. Kotelevskii, and Yu. F. Pedash,J. Prikl. Spektrosk. 52, 763 (1990).Google Scholar