EM-PSYCH: A training program scheduling database
- 17 Downloads
EM-PSYCH is a scheduling database for training programs. It stores scheduling records and generates schedules and letters informing students, supervisors, and advisors of deadlines. Since EM-PSYCH was originally designed for a psychoanalytic institute, the institute model is presented as well as the database model to illustrate how the database program can be applied. EM-PSYCH is very user friendly and makes scheduling and sending reminders efficient and easy. It can handle any number of trainees and can be modified for any number of years or schedule interval. It can be easily adapted for psychiatric residencies, medical student education, psychology internships, and other training programs.
KeywordsTraining Program Medical Student Student Education Database Model Schedule Interval
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fauman, M., The new information technologies and psychiatry.Acad. Psychiatry 13:119–131, 1989.Google Scholar
- 2.Werner, A., Price, L., and Tobias, R., An automated approach to a residency log.Acad. Psychiatry 13:144–149, 1989.Google Scholar
- 3.Kroenke, K., Using filing cards to document and computerize procedures performed by internal medicine residents.J. Med. Ed. 61:326–328, 1986.Google Scholar
- 4.Powsner, S., and Byck, R., Implementing a computer system for psychiatric training.Acad. Psychiatry 15:100–105, 1991.Google Scholar
- 5.Quattlebaum, T., and Sperry, J., A computerized system for evaluation of residents and residency experiences.Am. J. Dis. Child. 142:758–762, 1988.Google Scholar
- 6.The Emory University Psychoanalytic Institute Bulletin and Curriculum 1991–1993, Atlanta, GA, 1991.Google Scholar
- 7.Standards for Training in Psychoanalysis, The American Psychoanalytic Association, New York, NY, 1985.Google Scholar