ARMIS: A microcomputer-based hospital risk management information system
- 27 Downloads
Information processing is a major element of hospital risk management programs. A microcomputer-based information system has been designed and implemented in a medium-size university hospital. The design principles and the functional capabilities of the system are described here, followed by an evaluation based on the first year of operation.
KeywordsInformation System Information Processing Risk Management Management Program Major Element
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.American Hospital Association,Hospital Administration Terminology Author, Chicago, 1982.Google Scholar
- 2.Myer, N. H., and Wendorf, B. H., Risk control: From management of crises to prevention of incidents.QRB 5(4):27–30, 1979.Google Scholar
- 3.Punch, L., Managers target broad quality assurance goal.Mod. Health Care September: 88–89, 1982.Google Scholar
- 4.Freilich, H., Rapid incident identification, systematic follow-up key to preventive risk managing.Hospitals August 16:53–54, 1982.Google Scholar
- 5.Anonymous, New software helps risk managers track trends, cut claims costs.Hosp. Risk Manage. 5:144–145, 1983.Google Scholar
- 6.McNulty, E. G., The comprehensive data base: A risk management tool.Hosp. Top. January/February: 3–4, 1982.Google Scholar
- 7.Pena, J. J., Schmelter, W. R., and Ramseur, J. E., Computerized incident reporting and risk management.Hosp. Health Serv. Adm. 26(5):7–11, 1981.Google Scholar
- 8.Oulton, R., Use of incident report data in a system-wide quality assurance/risk management program.QRB 7(6):2–7, 1981.Google Scholar
- 9.Price, E. G., Crane, E. J., Taylor, M., and Campbell, B., A data base and reporting system for risk management, Report no. DA06, Center for Hospital Management Engineering, American Hospital Association.Google Scholar
- 10.Raz, T., A method for assessing the risk of adverse patient incidents in hospitals, Doctoral dissertation, University of Missouri-Columbia, 1982.Google Scholar
- 11.Raz, T., Goldman, J., and Kraus, G. P., Computer is key factor in risk studies.Mod. Health Care June: 98–102, 1983.Google Scholar