An expert system for nursing practice
- 60 Downloads
An artificial-intelligence-based nursing knowledge base can serve as an expert clinical decision support system in the areas of standards of care, care plans, continuing education, and others for patient conditions with both medical and nursing diagnoses.
KeywordsKnowledge Base Support System Decision Support Clinical Decision Expert System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Feigenbaum, E. A., and McCorduck, P.,The Fifth Generation, Artificial Intelligence, and Japan's Computer Challenge to the World Addison-Wesley, Menlo Park, California, 1983.Google Scholar
- 2.Evans, S., Implementation of a computer based test generator to evaluate health professions continuing education.Proceedings of the First Annual Conference of the American Association for Medical Systems and Informatics, Volume 1, Washington, D.C., October 1982.Google Scholar
- 3.Evans, S., Nursing applications of an expert system.Proceedings of the Fourth World Congress of Medical Informatics, Amsterdam, August 1983.Google Scholar
- 4.Ryan, S., Applications of nursing knowledge based system for nursing practice, continuing education and standards of care.Proceedings of the Seventh Annual Symposium on Computer Applications in Medical Care, Washington, D.C., October 1983.Google Scholar
- 5.Evans S., Implementation of a computer based test writing consultant. Paper submitted to the Eight Annual Symposium on Computer Applications in Medical Care, 1984.Google Scholar
- 6.Evans, S., A computer based educational consultant, a computer based nursing practice protocol writer.Proceedings of the Seventeenth International Conference on Systems Science, Hawaii, January 1984.Google Scholar
- 7.Evans, S., A computer based nursing diagnosis consultant.Proceedings of the Eighth Symposium on Computer Applications in Medical Care, October 1984.Google Scholar
- 8.Evans, S., Preliminary results with the design and implementation of an academic management information system. Paper submitted to the Eighth Annual Symposium on Computer Applications in Medical Care, 1984.Google Scholar