Applications of fuzzy algebra to hazard detection in combinational switching circuits
- 35 Downloads
This paper presents some theoretical considerations for the detection of hazards in combinational switching systems. The application of fuzzy models to hazard detection in binary systems is discussed, and this leads to methods of detection for multiple zero and one hazards. Finally, a method for theorem proving applicable to the detection method is presented.
Key wordsFuzzy algebra hazard detection switching circuits fuzzy gate function conjunctive normal form
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Yoeli and S. Rinon, “Applications of ternary algebra to the study of static hazards,”J. ACM 11:84–97 (1964).Google Scholar
- 2.E. B. Eichelberger, “Hazard detection in combinatorial and sequential switching circuits,”IBM J. 90–99 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Kandel, “Application of fuzzy logic to the detection of static hazards in combinatorial switching systems,”Int. J. Comput. Inf. Sci. 3(2): 129–139 (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.L. Yelowitz, “Semantic Resolution in the Propositional Calculus,” Computer Science Report 119, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, Socorro, N.M. (September 1972).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Kandel, “On the Resolution Principle of Mechanical Theorem Proving,” Computer Science Report 124, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, Socorro, N.M. (August 1973).Google Scholar
- 6.D. A. Huffman, “The design and use of hazard-free switching networks,”J. ACM 4:47–62 (1957).Google Scholar
- 7.E. J. McCluskey, Jr., “Transients in Combinational Logic Circuits,”Redundancy Techniques for Computing Systems (Spartan Books, New York, 1962), pp. 9–46.Google Scholar
- 8.L. A. Zadeh, “Fuzzy sets,”Inf. Control 8:338–353 (1965).Google Scholar
- 9.F. P. Preparata and R. T. Yeh, “Continuously valued logic,”J. Comput. Syst. Sci. 6:397–418 (1972).Google Scholar
- 10.R. C. T. Lee and C. L. Chang, “Some properties of fuzzy logic,”Inf. Control 19:417–431 (1971).Google Scholar
- 11.A. Kandel, “On the properties of fuzzy switching functions,”J. Cybern. 4:119–126 (1974).Google Scholar