A new approach to large deflection analysis of heated sandwich plates
- 53 Downloads
This paper represents non-linear analysis of sandwich plates under thermal loading in which a new approach is followed. Analysis of rectangular sandwich plates has been carried out in detail. Numerical results have been computed and compared with other known results.
Key wordsThermal loading sandwich plates non-linear analysis
Questo lavoro illustra l'analisi non lineare delle piastre sandwich sotto carico termico seguendo un nuovo approccio. Si è svolta in dettaglio l'analisi delle piastre rettangolari calcolando valori numerici e paragonandoli con risultati precedentemente noti.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Reissner, E., ‘Finite deflection of sandwich plates’,J. Aeronaut Sci.,15 (1948) 435–440.Google Scholar
- 2.Wang, C. T., ‘Principle and application of complementary energy method for thin homogeneous and sandwich plates and shells with finite deflections’,NACA TN (1952) 2620.Google Scholar
- 3.Hoff, N. J., ‘Bending and buckling of rectangular sandwich plates’,NACA TN (1950) 2225.Google Scholar
- 4.Eringen, A. C., ‘Bending and buckling of sandwich plates’,Proceedings of the First U.S. National Congress of Applied Mechanics, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, New York (1951), pp. 281–390.Google Scholar
- 5.Kamiya, N., ‘Governing equations for large deflections of sandwich plates’,AIAA Journal,14, No. 2 (1976) 250–253.Google Scholar
- 6.Dutta, S. and Banerjee, B., ‘Governing equations for non-linear analysis of sandwich plates—a new approach’,Int. J. Non-linear Mech.,26, No. 3/4 (1991) 313–318.Google Scholar
- 7.Williams, M. L., ‘Further large deflection analysis for a plate strip subjected to normal pressure and heating’,A.S.M.E.,25, No. 2 (1958).Google Scholar
- 8.Banerjee, B. and Dutta, S., ‘Large deflections of elastic plates under non stationary temperature’,J. A.S.C.E.,EM4 (Aug. 1979) 705.Google Scholar
- 9.Banerjee, B., ‘Large deflections of polygonal plates under non stationary temperature’,J. Thermal Stresses (U.S.A.),7 (1984), 285–292.Google Scholar
- 10.Kamiya, N., ‘Analysis of the large thermal bending of sandwich plates by a modified Berger method’,J. Strain Anal.,13, No. 1 (1978) 17–22.Google Scholar
- 11.Nowinski, J. L. and Ohnabe, H., ‘Fundamental equations for large deflections of sandwich plates with orthotropic core and faces’,Proceedings of 10th International Symposium on Space Technology and Sciences, Tokyo (1973) pp. 311–318.Google Scholar
- 12.Alwan, A. M., ‘Large deflections of sandwich plates with orthotropic cores’,AIAA Journal,2 (Oct. 1964) 1820–1822.Google Scholar