The practice of psychotherapy and spiritual direction
- 34 Downloads
The author compares and contrasts insight-oriented psychotherapy, supportive psychotherapy, and spiritual direction in relation to goals and methods; management of resistance, transference, and countertransference; and selection criteria. The enhancement of spiritual formation through insight-oriented psychotherapy and supportive psychotherapy is also discussed.
KeywordsSelection Criterion Supportive Psychotherapy Spiritual Direction Spiritual Formation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dewald, P.A.,Psychotherapy: A Dynamic Approach. New York, Basic Books, Inc., 1969.Google Scholar
- 2.Barry, W.A., and Connolly, W.J.,The Practice of Spiritual Direction. New York, Seabury Press, 1982.Google Scholar
- 3.May, G.M.,Care of Mind/Care of Spirit: Psychiatric Dimensions of Spiritual Direction. San Francisco, Harper & Row, Publishers, 1982.Google Scholar
- 4.op. cit., p. 8.Google Scholar
- 5.op. cit., p. 224.Google Scholar
- 6.Ibid., p. 259.Google Scholar
- 7.op. cit., p. 37.Google Scholar
- 8.Revised Standard Version, John 8:32.Google Scholar