Measurements of wattless power and the power factor with a nonsinusoidal current and voltage
- 28 Downloads
The above method can be used both for a direct measurement of wattless power and the power factor in single phase commercial and audio-frequency circuits (Fig. 1) and for checking and calibrating (Fig. 2) single phase VAR meters and phasemetersϕ, including those designed for sinusoidal variables.
The differential wattmeter is being used successfully in compensation method calibration and checking of three-phase phasemeters with two voltage coils [5 and 6] and phasemeters with two current coils.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Analytical Chemistry Direct Measurement Single Phase Power Factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Budeanu, Puissances reactives et fictives Inst. Nat. Roumain. (Bucarest, 1927).Google Scholar
- 2.A. Fraenkel, ETZ, 49, H. 3 (1928).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Fryse, Przeglad Elektrotechniczny, Z. 7 (1931).Google Scholar
- 4.S. Fryse, ETZ, 53, H. 25, 26, 29 (1932).Google Scholar
- 5.P. B. Usatin, Author's Certificate No. 103671 of December 15, 1954.Google Scholar
- 6.Instruction 194-57 for testing phasemeters.Google Scholar