Tsiklon, a novel partial thermal flowmeter
- 14 Downloads
The novel flowmeter considered operates on the principle of determining the heat exchange between a gas or liquid flow and the surface of a thermal probe inserted into the flow. Energy consumption is reduced considerably by implementing partiality by means of a flow divider (transducer);at the same time the range of applicability is broadened substantially. The design of the sensor (including the divider) is described, the reduction coefficient and the heat-exchange coefficient are calculated, and a formula is given for the relation between the massflow and the thermal power “removed” from the sensor+thermal probe by the flow.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Analytical Chemistry Energy Consumption Massflow Heat Exchange
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. A. Korotkov, D. V. Belyaev, and R. K. Azimov, Thermal Flowmeters [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.P. P. Kremlevskii, Flow Gauges and Meters [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Leningrad (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.V. M. Kos and Yu. I. Sitnitskii, “Measurement of liquid and gas flow rates from local heating of the boundary layer, ” Mezhved. Respub. Nauchn.-Tekhn. Sb. No. 2, Izd. L'vov. Univ., L'vov (1966).Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Kos, Measurement of Liquid, Gas, and Steam Flow Rates [in Russian], Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.R. K. Azimov, P. R. Ismatullaev, and P. A. Korotkov, Heat-Exchange Measuring Transducers [inRussian], Izd. FAN, Tashkent (1974).Google Scholar
- 6.I. M. Elimelekh and Yu. G. Sidorkin, Fluidics (Pneumonies) [in Russian], Lenizdat, Leningrad (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.A. D. Al'tshul', L. S. Zhivotskii, and L. P. Ivanov, Hydraulics and Aerodynamics [in Russian], Stroiizdat, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 8.R. R. Chugaev, Hydraulics [in Russian], Énergoizdat, Leningrad (1982).Google Scholar
- 9.D. V. Shterenlikht, Hydraulics. Book 1, Énergoatromizdat, Moscow (1991).Google Scholar
- 10.V. P. Izachenko, V. A. Osipova, and A. S. Sukomel, Heat Transfer [in Russian], Énergoizdat, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 11.V. R. Kulichenko, Handbook of Heat-Transfer Calculations [in Russian], Tekhnika, Kiev (1990).Google Scholar