Rickets: A roentgenographic scheme for diagnosis
- 64 Downloads
The roentgenograms in seventy-two (72) patients with all forms of rickets were reviewed in an attempt to determine whether specific forms of rickets could be identified and classified roentgenographically. All cases were clinically proven and after analyzing the roentgenographic changes in all of the patients, it was determined that such a scheme was possible. This scheme allows one to either diagnose the specific type of rickets or offer a short, pertinent differential diagnosis from roentgenograms alone.
Key wordsRickets Classification X-Rays Metabolic bone disease
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Burnett, C. H., Dent, C. E., Harper, C., Warland, B. J.: Vitamin D resistant rickets. Analysis of twenty-four pedigrees with hereditary and sporadic cases. Am. J. Med.36, 222 (1964)Google Scholar
- 2.Caffey, J.: Pediatric x-ray diagnostis, p. 1223–1231. Chicago: Year-Book Medical Publishers, Inc. 1972Google Scholar
- 3.Jensen, P. S., Kliger, A. S.: Early radiographic manifestations of secondary hyperparathyroidism associated with chronic renal disease. Radiology125, 647 (1977)Google Scholar
- 4.Nelson, W. E., Vaughn, V. C., McKay, R. J.: Textbook of pediatrics, p. 198–205. Philadelphia: W. B. Saunders Co. 1975Google Scholar
- 5.Resnick, D., Niwayama, G.: Subchondral resorption of bone in renal osteodystrophy. Radiology118, 315 (1976)Google Scholar
- 6.Swiebel, W. J.: Renal osteodystrophy; Pathophysiologic-radiologic correlation. Presented as a scientific exhibit at the 77th Annual Meeting of the American Roentgen Ray Society, Washington, D. C. 1976Google Scholar
- 7.Williams, T. F., Winters, R. W.: Familial (hereditary) vitamin D resistant rickets with hypophosphatemia. In: The metabolic basis of inherited disease. Stanbury, J. D., Wyngarden, J. B., Frederickson, D. S. (eds.), p. 1465. New York: McGraw-Hill 1972Google Scholar
- 8.Winters, R. W., Graham, J. B., Williams, T. F., McFalls, V. W., Burnett, C. H.: A genetic study of familial hypophosphatemia and vitamin D resistant rickets with a review of the literature. Medicine (Baltimore)37, 97 (1958)Google Scholar