Vapor-liquid and liquid-liquid equilibria of water, 2-methoxyethanol and cyclohexanone: Experiment and correlation
Vapor-liquid equilibria and liquid-liquid equilibria of a ternary mixture consisting of water, 2-methoxyethanol and cyclohexanone and in addition of all binary subsystems were studied experimentally at several temperatures. A ternary corrective term in the expression for the Gibbs free energy based on the NRTL model improves simultaneous representation of binary and ternary phase equilibria.
Key WordsVapor-liquid liquid-liquid equilibria liquid extraction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. Hauschild and H. Knapp,J. Solution Chem. 20, 125 (1991).Google Scholar
- 2.H. I. Paul and H. Knapp,Fluid Phase Equilib. 27 (1986).Google Scholar
- 3.K. D. Kaufmann and H. Knapp,Fluid Phase Equilib 29, 241 (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Knapp,Chem. Ing. Tech 59, 367 (1987).Google Scholar
- 5.H. Holldorff and H. Knapp,Fluid Phase Equilib.43, 29 (1988).Google Scholar
- 6.J. M. Prausnitz, E. G. Azevedo, and R. Lichtenthaler,Molecular Thermodynamics of Fluid-Phase Equilibria (Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 1986).Google Scholar
- 7.I. Gerodetskii, A. Morachevskii and V. Olevskii,Leningr. Univ. Ser. Mat. Fiz. Khim. 14, 136 (1959); ref. byDECHEMA Chemistry Data Series.Google Scholar
- 8.T. H. Cha and J. M. Prausnitz,Ind. Eng. Chem. Process Des. Dev. 24, 551 (1985).Google Scholar
- 9.R. C. Reid, J. M. Prauznitz, and T. K. Sherwood,The Properties of Gases and Liquids, McGraw Hill, New York, 1977).Google Scholar