Electrochemical behavior of 1,3,2,5-dioxaboraphosphorinanes and their complexes with copper(I)
- 18 Downloads
P-, B-, and O-containing compounds and their complexes with copper(I) in aprotic solvents were studied for the first time by electrochemical methods (classical polarography, millicoulometry, cyclic voltammetry, and electrolysis at controlled potential). A scheme of electroreduction of dioxaboraphosphorinanes on a dropping mercury electrode is suggested, the first step of which consists of cleavage of the P-C bond, accompanied by chemical reactions. It was discovered that the electrochemical reduction of copper complexes of 1,3,2,5-dioxaboraphosphorinanes occurs with accepting of the first electrons on the lower vacant molecular orbital, determined chiefly by the ligand and not by the metal ion.
KeywordsCopper Mercury Cyclic Voltammetry Molecular Orbital Electrochemical Behavior
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Piquet, B. Bocquet, E. Mullor, et al., Helv. Chim. Acta,72, No. 2, 323 (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.B. A. Arbuzov, O. A. Erastov, G. N. Nikonov, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 6, 1374 (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.B. A. Arbuzov, O. A. Erastov, G. N. Nikonov, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 10, 2349 (1979).Google Scholar
- 4.A. T. Stromberg and T. M. Markacheva, Zh. Fiz. Khim.,28, No. 4, 671 (1954).Google Scholar
- 5.H. Matschiner, A. Tzschach, and A. Steiner, Z. Anorg. Allg. Chem.,373, No. 3, 237 (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.T. V. Troepol'skaya, L. V. Ermolaeva, G. A. Vagina, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 1, 24 (1990).Google Scholar