Reaction of electrochemically generated radical anions with phosphorylated ureas
- 21 Downloads
In the presence of phosphorylated ureas, oxygen, nitrobenzene, benzophenone, and anthracene are reduced in DMF on a mercury cathode according to the ECE mechanism, and the rate constants k2 and activation energies of the included chemical reaction were calculated.
Based on the kinetic data, the scheme of the process with included protonation of the radical anion in which any of the hydrogen atoms in the NH fragments of the PU molecules can participate was proposed.
KeywordsOxygen Hydrogen Mercury Urea Activation Energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. S. Gubnitskaya, I. M. Loseva, and E. A. Stukalo, Khim. Farm. Zh., No. 9, 13 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.N. B. Galstukhova, Z. A. Pankina, and M. N. Shchukina, Khim. Farm Zh., No. 5, 28 (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.E. J. Nanni, M. D. Stallings, and D. T. Sawyer, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,102, 4481 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.Chin Der Hang, G. Chiericato, E. J. Nanni, and D. T. Sawyer, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,104, 1296 (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.H. Sagae, M. Fujihira, T. Osa and H. Lund, Chem. Lett.,7, 793 (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.C. L. Hussey, T. M. Laher, and J. M. Achord, J. Electrochem. Soc.,127, 1484 (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.G. K. Budnikov and O. Yu. Kargina, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,52, No. 5, 1012 (1982).Google Scholar
- 8.F. Markalaus, Z. Jerman, M. Gernik, and J. Touzin, Collect. Czech. Communs.,37, 725 (1972).Google Scholar
- 9.K. V. Nikonorov, É. A. Gurylev, L. A. Antokhina, and Z. Ya. Latypov, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,49, No. 3, 541 (1979).Google Scholar
- 10.H. K. Budnikov and O. Yu. Kargina, J. Electroanalyt. Chem.,171, 257 (1984).Google Scholar
- 11.A. V. Kirsanov, E. S. Levchenko, I. N. Zhmurova, et al., Chemistry and Use of Organo-phosphorus Compounds [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1962), p. 168.Google Scholar
- 12.H. J. James and R. F. Broman, J. Phys. Chem.,75, 4019 (1971).Google Scholar
- 13.D. T. Sawyer, M. J. Gibian, and M. M. Morrison, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,100, 627 (1978).Google Scholar
- 14.R. S. Nicholson, J. M. Wilson, and M. L. Olmstead. J. Anal. Chem.,38, 542 (1966).Google Scholar