Gobioid fauna of Veller estuary, Portonovo, S. India
- 37 Downloads
The distribution and the habits of Gobioid fishes in the Vellar Estuary were described.
KeywordsIndia Vellar Estuary Gobioid Fish
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Balasubrahmanyam, K. - 1961 - Studies in the ecology of the Vellar estuary. I. A preliminary survey of the estuarine Bottom and its fauna conducted on 11.9.1959.J. zool. Soc. India. 12, 2: 209–215.Google Scholar
- Day, F. - 1878 - The fishes of India, London.Google Scholar
- Jacob, L. - 1961 - Scientific and Tamil names of the Estuarine and Marine fishes of Portonovo.J. Annamalai Univ. Vol. 22.Google Scholar
- Jacob, J. &Rangarajan - 1959 - Seasonal cycles of Hydrological events in Vellar estuary.Proc. First All India Cong. zool. Jabulpur. pp. 329–350.Google Scholar
- Jacob, J. &Rangarajan 1960 -Callogobius seshaiyai, the name proposed for the Gobioid fish from the Vellar Estuary, Portonovo.J. zool. Soc. India. 12, 1: 20–21.Google Scholar
- Koumans, F. P. - 1941 - Gobioid fishes of India.Mem. Ind. Mus. 13, 3: 205–329.Google Scholar
- Munro, I. S. R. - 1953 - The Marine and Fresh water fishes of Ceylon. Canberra.Google Scholar
- Ramamurthy - 1954 - A preliminary study of the hydrology and fauna of Vellar estuary (South Arcot District).Proc. Indo-Pacific Fish. Conn., Sym. 9.Google Scholar
- Seshadri, B. - 1955 - Preliminary studies in the Hydrology and Biology of the Vellar Estuary. M. Sc. Thesis. Annamalai University. (Unpublished).Google Scholar
- Venkateswarlu, T. - 1966 - OnPeriophthalmus schlosseri Bl.Schn. from Vellar estuary, Portonovo,S. India. Sci. & Cult. (In press).Google Scholar
© Dr. W. Junk Publishers 1967